Copley Community Park
3232 Copley Road
Copley, Ohio 44321
Copley Community Park Rules and Regulations:
- Copley Community Park shall be open for public use seven (7) days a week from 7:00 a.m. until dusk.
- Athletic fields shall be open April 1 through October 31 of each year from 7:00 a.m. until dusk.
- The sports facilities shall be open to the public and use is permitted as long as no conflict of schedules occurs (see scheduling).
- If a field is not playable, a sign shall be posted at the entrance of the park or at the field, stating "Field Conditions."
- The service director or service department personnel shall have the authority to close any field and such closing shall be posted before 4:00 p.m., which shall be the latest closing of the field.
- A fine of $100 shall be assessed each team playing on a closed field.
- Out of respect for nature, no person shall purposely, knowingly, recklessly, or negligently handle or feed the wild animals, destroy or remove any trees, flowers, shrubs, grass, or any part thereof at Copley Community Park.
- The following is strictly prohibited:
a. The use of firearms, fireworks, explosives, or other projectiles of any kind
b. Hunting, trapping, or molesting of wildlife.
c. The use of any boats or watercrafts including, but not limited to, canoes, rafts, or
d. Swimming, fishing or wading in any ponds or streams
e. Camping, day or evening.
f. No person shall hit golf balls of any kind on the park property.
g. Bicycle use on park trails.
h. The use of snowmobiles and all terrain vehicles.
- In the interest of safety, all pets or other animals shall be kept under control by their owners at all times and remain on a leash that is no greater than eight feet (8') in length. Pet owners shall clean up after their pets.
- No person, without permission of service department personnel, shall add or remove any field material (such as, but not limited to, infield mix, bases, pitching rubbers, bleachers, etc).
- The use of mopeds, motorcycles, or motorbikes shall be permitted only on the hard-paved surface of the entrance drive and parking lot. Motorized vehicles are not permitted on trails or grass.
- Trash shall be deposited in properly marked receptacles.
- Copley Township assumes no responsibility or obligation for damage to any vehicle or pesonal belongings owned by those using the park property.
- Copley Township assumes no responsiblity or obligation for injury that may occur on park property or that may occur while using park facilities.
- Smoking shall be prohibited in or around a shelter facility and/or playground areas.
- No person shall possess, use, or be under the influence of any alcoholic beverage and/or illegal drugs while on park property. Any person who is suspected of being intoxicated or under the influence of drug abuse shall be denied admission to the park, and/or removed.
- The Township retains the right to grant or deny any request made or allow or disallow any action taken by any park user not specifically mentioned in the General Rules, Field Rules, or Pavilion Rental Rules.
Copley Community Park Ball Fields Rules and Regulations:
- Applicant shall submit dates, times, and desired fields to the Copley Township service director.
- All groups using the property shall show proof of and have on file with the Township, liability insurance for field use. Youth groups shall have an adult supervisor who, before leaving the premises, shall make certain that all youngsters have been picked up from the park.
- All groups engaging in activities that may result in destruction of property or endangerment of themselves or others, shall not be permitted to use the property.
Picnic Pavilion Reservation Information and Guidelines
The pavilions shall open from April 1 through October 31 each year for social functions, based on the following Rules and Regulations. For reservations and information regarding picnic pavilions, contact Copley Township Service Department between 7:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday at 330-666-0365.
- Only persons 21 years of age or older may obtain a permit to secure a reservation. Adult supervision is required for individuals under the age of 18.
- Copley Township residents reserving a picnic pavilion(s) are required to pay a fee of $25 per pavilion. Businesses located within the Copley Township limits are required to pay a fee of $100 per pavilion. Proof of residency is required. After the function is over a reasonable cleaning of the pavilion and the immediate grounds is required (i.e. depositing all litter into proper containers and decorations removed).
- Non-Copley residents reserving a picnic pavilion(s) are required to pay a fee of $75 per pavilion. Businesses located outside of Copley Township limits are required to pay a fee of $150 per pavilion. This business rate will apply regardless of the residential status of the owner or employee of the company requesting the rental. After the function is over a reasonable cleaning of the pavilion and the immediate grounds is required (i.e. depositing all litter into proper containers and decorations removed).
- Pavilion capacity is not to exceed 80 persons per pavilion. Reservations expecting more than eighty (80) persons will be required to rent one pavilion for every eighty (80) people.
- No cash or credit cards accepted. Checks or money orders are to be written out to Copley Township.
- The party's member whose name appears on the permit must be in attendence throughout the duration of the function and is responsible for conduct and care of each member of his/her party.
- The representative named on the permit assumes personal liability for damage, destruction, or removal of park property and must be present for the duration of the function.
- If rescheduling is requested the Permit Holder must bring the permit to the Copley Service Department to reschedule within the calendar year, subject to availability, and a new permit will be issued. If a cancellation is necessary the Permit Holder must notify the Copley Service Department prior to the Permit Date for a refund. No rescheduling or refunds will be granted after the Permit Date.
- The issued permit is not transferable to another individual or group.
- Fire is permitted in picnic grills for culinary purposes only. No portable stoves may be used inside the pavilions.
- If two separate functions are at the same pavilion on the same day, the party with the proper permit has the right to the pavilion.
- Reservations shall be made on a first call, first serve basis.
- Pavilions are available to the general public on a first-come, first-serve basis when not reserved. Others must yield the use of a pavilion to groups holding a permit. This permit must be presented to authorized park personnel upon request.
- The use of, or possession of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs shall be strickly prohibited at the shelters and on park property.
- The park or pavilion will not be used in any way for commercial purposes. No individual or group may sell any article, thing, privilege, or service in connection with the use of this permit, before, during or after its use. Gambling, raffles, or other games of chance are prohibited.
- All deliveries of food, beverages, etc must be made during the hours of operation on the day of the permit. All materials must be removed from the shelter at the conclusion of the function.
- Decorations shall not be fastened to the pavilion posts, roof rafters, or any other sign or post on park grounds with metal fasteners (nails, screws, staples, tacks, etc.) Tape only is allowed and must be removed at the conclusion of the function.
- Rental tents and inflatable carnival style rides or toys are prohibited on park grounds.
Rules and Regulations for Businesses
- Businesses located within the Copley Township limits $100.00 per pavilion.
- Businesses located outside the Copley Township limits $150.00 per pavilion.
- The business rental rate will apply regardless of the residential status of the owner or employee of the company requesting the rental.
- Capacity of pavilions are not to exceed 80 persons per pavilion. Reservations expecting more than 80 persons will be required to rent 1 pavilion for every 80 people.
- The payment procedure for business rentals will remain the same as the standard rental procedure.
- All other rules and regulations pertaining to pavilion rentals will apply to business rental.