Copley, OH 44321
Copley Township Fire and EMS service is a well-equipped, professionally staffed, full-time operation. There are two fire stations in the township. Station #1 (located on the lower level of the Town Hall) and the Fire Administrative Offices (located on the main level of the Town Hall) are housed at 1540 S. Cleveland-Massillon Road. Stony Hill Fire Station #2 is located at 4570 Medina Road west of the Montrose area. Jointly owned by Bath Township and Copley Township, staffing and other operating costs for the second fire station are shared equally with Bath Township. This innovative arrangement has been the topic of an article in a professional fire service journal and presentations at an international fire service conference.
The Copley Fire Department has been a pioneer in establishing EMS service to the Copley community and to Northern Ohio. The class began in 1974 and had its first graduation in 1976. From its humble beginning using a 1968 Chevy van the department now provides modern, high tech rescue and emergency service.