Close

Follow Us

facebook-icontwitter-icon

Student Volunteers age 12 and up needed for Safety Town. Call 330-666-4218. 

The Copley Historical Society reopened Seth Minor’s General Store on February 1st for all to see.  

History: Wells Minor was a businessman who moved from Cincinnati to Euclid and then to Copley.  He first lived on a farm on Minor Road.  Later he moved into the old Starr home on Cleveland Massillon Road.  Wells’ son, Martin married Alice Hammond in 1885. They lived on the Minor Road farm and had two children, Seth and Ruth.  Grandson Seth Minor was a farmer and businessman.  He married Ruth Kramer and had two daughters.  He operated a general store on the site that Jim’s Locksmith is now located.  

   He moved to his grandfather’s old home on Cleveland Massillon Road and purchased the corner across the street which included the old Disciple Church and the post office (pictured above) where he later resided as the postmaster.  He moved his store to what is now the present site of Ric Walter’s Properties on Copley Circle. Seth Minor passed away in 1953. 

The store was reproduced in the museum on the second floor of Copley Town Hall, 1540 S Cleveland Massillon Road.  Stop in and see the sundry items sold in a general store – from soup to nuts!  The store is open on the first and third Wednesday of the month from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.

CLICK HERE FOR PICTURES OF SETH MINOR'S STORE IN THE COPLEY HISTORICAL SOCIETY MUSEUM