The Copley Township Fire Department is a well-equipped, professionally staffed, full-time operation. The department is made up of a combination of full and part-time personnel working around the clock.
There are two fire stations in the township. Station Number 1 is located at the Town Hall, 1540 S. Cleveland-Massillon Road. The Administrative Offices are located on the main level with the rest of the station on the lower level of the Town Hall. Station Number 2 is located at 4570 Medina Road, on Stony Hill just west of the Montrose commercial area. This station has been jointly operated by the Townships of Bath and Copley for more than 25 years. The Townships shared staffing and operating costs which provided a second, staffed fire station with less cost. This shared service has saved the Townships more than $3 million dollars over the last ten years.
Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
The Copley Fire Department has been a pioneer in establishing EMS to the Copley community and to Northeastern Ohio. The service began in 1974 with the first Paramedics graduating in 1976. From its humble beginning using a 1968 Chevy van the department now provides modern, high tech rescue and emergency service.