Copley Outreach Center
The Copley Outreach Center is a privately funded, volunteer-driven center founded to reach out into the community to assist families who find themselves unable to provide basic needs such as food or shelter. Specifically, the Copley Outreach provides the following services:
Food Pantry provides non-perishable food items and personal products.
Seasonal Baskets are given for special occasions:
- Easter Baskets
- Thanksgiving Baskets
- Assist in Share-A-Christmas
Limited Financial Assistance for:
- Help with utilities to avoid shut-off
The Outreach Center is a service unit of the Salvation Army Summit County Services, 190 S. Maple Street, Akron, Ohio 330-762-8481.
BackPack Food Program
Copley-Fairlawn Cares is a non-profit, volunteer organization in cooperation with the Copley Outreach Center that addresses food insecurity in children in the Copley-Fairlawn City Schools.
Through the Schools, students are identified and can opt into the program. The center provides a weekend bag of food two times a month to K-12, during the school year to eligible children. A Copley-Fairlawn Cares pack is a bag of food that consists of 2 breakfast and 2 lunch items, plus 2 snacks for the weekend. The items are single serving size, easily opened and prepared, such as an oatmeal packet, mac and cheese, canned fruit, raisins, etc.
How Can You Help?
- You can make a monetary donation to the Copley-Fairlawn Cares Program; funds are through the Copley Outreach Center, a nonprofit charitable organization sponsored by the Copley United Methodist Church and Guardian Angels Catholic Church. All donations are tax deductible.
- You can sponsor 1 child’s weekend meals for $60.00 for the school year.
- You can host/support a community food drive for the Copley-Fairlawn Cares Program.
- You can volunteer to help pack the Copley-Fairlawn Cares packs.
Where can you get more information?
Call or stop into the Copley Outreach Center
1502 S. Cleveland-Massillon Road
Copley, Ohio 44321
The Center is open on Tuesday and Friday
10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Please call for an appointment
Checks can be made out to:
C/O Copley Outreach Center
1518 S. Cleveland-Massillon Road
Copley, Ohio 44321