Who do I contact if I believe there is a maintenance issue with a property?

Our Zoning Department conducts routine tours of our Township to inspect potential problem properties. Nuisance issues can arise due to a variety of causes and keeping track of these properties is a priority. The Zoning Department appreciates the help our neighbors offer to point out any nuisance property we may have missed. If you wish to make a notification of a property please call the office at (330) 666-30108  and provide the address with your point of concern. All calls remain anonymous and will be handled as the law permits. 

Planning & Zoning Inspector - Shawna Gfroerer 1108

Code Enforcement Officer - Jeff Newman - extension 1175

Show All Answers

1. How do I determine my Zoning District?
2. I want to build a new home.
3. I want to build a deck.
4. I want to build/enlarge my garage.
5. I want to build/install a shed.
6. I want to install a swimming pool.
7. I want to install a fence.
8. I want to add/replace: shingles, windows, siding, HVAC, plumbing, hot water heaters
9. I want to remodel the interior of my home.
10. I want to operate a business out of my home.
11. Does the Township have a service to help maintain private properties?
12. Who do I contact if I believe there is a maintenance issue with a property?
13. What happens when I call about a violation?
14. Do I have to give my name when I call about a violation?
15. I live in a subdivision with a homeowner association (HOA), will the Code Enforcement Division enforce the association’s bylaws, subdivision restrictions, or deed restrictions?
16. Can I make an anonymous complaint?
17. I phoned in a complaint weeks ago. Why has nothing been done to the property?
18. What are some of the things that would be considered a violation?
19. Do I need a permit to have a garage sale?
20. What are Zoning Maps and standards
21. What is a Zoning Resolution?
22. Can I have Chickens?