Picnic Pavilion Rental Rules
The pavilions shall open from April 1 through October 31 each year for social functions, based on the following Rules and Regulations. For reservations and information regarding picnic pavilions, contact Copley Township Service Department between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m., Monday through Friday at 330-666-0365.
Reservation Rules & Guidelines
- Only persons 21 years of age or older may obtain a permit to secure a reservation. Adult supervision is required for individuals under the age of 18.
- Copley Township residents reserving a picnic pavilion(s) are required to pay a fee of $25 per pavilion. Businesses located within the Copley Township limits are required to pay a fee of $100 per pavilion. Proof of residency is required. After the function is over a reasonable cleaning of the pavilion and the immediate grounds is required (i.e. depositing all litter into proper containers and decorations removed).
- Non-Copley residents reserving a picnic pavilion(s) are required to pay a fee of $75 per pavilion. Businesses located outside of Copley Township limits are required to pay a fee of $150 per pavilion. This business rate will apply regardless of the residential status of the owner or employee of the company requesting the rental. After the function is over a reasonable cleaning of the pavilion and the immediate grounds is required (i.e. depositing all litter into proper containers and decorations removed).
- Pavilion capacity is not to exceed 80 persons per pavilion. Reservations expecting more than 80 persons will be required to rent one pavilion for every 80 people.
- Cash, check or credit cards accepted. Checks or money orders are to be written out to Copley Township.
- The party's member whose name appears on the permit must be in attendance throughout the duration of the function and is responsible for conduct and care of each member of his/her party.
- The representative named on the permit assumes personal liability for damage, destruction, or removal of park property and must be present for the duration of the function.
- If rescheduling is requested the Permit Holder must bring the permit to the Copley Service Department to reschedule within the calendar year, subject to availability, and a new permit will be issued. If a cancellation is necessary the Permit Holder must notify the Copley Service Department prior to the Permit Date for a refund. No rescheduling or refunds will be granted after the Permit Date.
- The issued permit is not transferable to another individual or group.
- Fire is permitted in picnic grills for culinary purposes only. No portable stoves may be used inside the pavilions.
- If two separate functions are at the same pavilion on the same day, the party with the proper permit has the right to the pavilion.
- Reservations shall be made on a first call, first serve basis.
- Pavilions are available to the general public on a first-come, first-serve basis when not reserved. Others must yield the use of a pavilion to groups holding a permit. This permit must be presented to authorized park personnel upon request.
- The use of, or possession of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs shall be strictly prohibited at the shelters and on park property.
- The park or pavilion will not be used in any way for commercial purposes. No individual or group may sell any article, thing, privilege, or service in connection with the use of this permit, before, during or after its use. Gambling, raffles, or other games of chance are prohibited.
- All deliveries of food, beverages, etc must be made during the hours of operation on the day of the permit. All materials must be removed from the shelter at the conclusion of the function.
- Decorations shall not be fastened to the pavilion posts, roof rafters, or any other sign or post on park grounds with metal fasteners (nails, screws, staples, tacks, etc.) Tape only is allowed and must be removed at the conclusion of the function.
- Rental tents and inflatable carnival style rides or toys are prohibited on park grounds.