The Township Zoning Commission consists of five residents appointed by the Trustees to five-year terms. The terms are staggered so the term of one member expires each year. The Zoning Commission meets regularly for the purpose of developing and maintaining a plan regulating land use within the Township. This plan, set forth both in texts and maps, indicates permitted and prohibited uses of all land within the Township. Actions of the Zoning Commission are subject to the approval of the Board of Trustees.
Application submittals for the Copley Township Zoning Commission are presented as follows:
- Application submitted to the Department of Community & Economic Development.
- Copley Township Zoning Commission submits the application to Summit County Planning Commission for a recommendation.
- The application presented at the Summit County Planning Commission.
- Summit County Planning Commission makes a recommendation to the Copley Township Zoning Commission.
- Copley Township Zoning Commission conducts a Public Hearing on the application.
- Copley Township Zoning Commission makes a recommendation to the Board of Trustees.
- The Board of Trustees conduct a Hearing on the application and issue a final determination. If approved by the Board of Trustees, the amendment goes into effect 30 days after the approval.
Regular meetings of the Zoning Commission are held on the first Thursday of every month at 6:00 PM EST. Meetings are held at the Copley Township Town Hall in the North Room. Town Hall is located at 1540 S. Cleveland-Massillon Road, Copley OH 44321.
Per the Ohio Revised Code (ORC), all proposed text and map amendments are subject to a public review conducted by the Summit County Planning Commission.
For information regarding meetings of the Summit County Planning Commission, please visit https://co.summitoh.net/index.php/departments/community-a-economic-development/planning
|Zoning Commission Meeting Date||Summit County Planning Submittal Deadline Date||Summit County Planning Meeting Date|
|January 2, 2020||December 17, 2019||January 23, 2020|
|February 6, 2020||January 28, 2020||February 27, 2020|
|March 5, 2020||February 25, 2020||March 26, 2020|
|April 2, 2020||March 24, 2020||April 30, 2020|
|May 7, 2020||April 28, 2020||May 28, 2020|
|June 4, 2020||May 26, 2020||June 25, 2020|
|July 2, 2020||June 23, 2020||July 30, 2020|
|August 6, 2020||July 28, 2020||August 27, 2020|
|September 3, 2020||August 25, 2020||September 24, 2020|
|October 1, 2020||September 22, 2020||October 22, 2020|
|November 5, 2020||October 20, 2020||November 19, 2020|
|December 3, 2020||November 17, 2020||December 17, 2020|
- Sylvia Chinn-Levy
- Bill Daniel
- Robert Kocsis*
- Jane Scott
- John Heer
- James Berry
- William Albright